We are excited about your interest in applying to NNU's online associate's and bachelor's programs! We want to make the undergraduate application process as simple as possible. If you would like to contact the undergraduate admissions office please call 1-877-NNU-4-YOU or (208) 467-8000.
Start Your Application
If you're hoping for a great future, this is the place to start. Northwest Nazarene University welcomes your application. Below are the two simple steps to begin your NNU Online experience.
To be considered for acceptance at NNU you must submit the following:
- NNU Online Application
- Official SAT of ACT Score
- Official High School Transcript (hyperlink to document)
- $50 Application Fee
Once you have been accepted to NNU, you can secure your financial aid and course schedule by paying your advance tuition deposit. This deposit will be applied to your tuition. Pay Your Deposit.
We carefully consider each student on an individual basis, using the following criteria:
High School Students
Admission is generally granted to high school students who have earned the following academic criteria:
- Graduation from a high school with a grade point average of 2.5 (or above) on a 4.0 scale.
- A rank in the top 50 percent of the graduating class.
- An ACT composite standard score of 18 or above, or a SAT composite score of 1270 or above.
- Students who do not meet these criteria may be considered for provisional admittance.
A transcript must be submitted that was prepared and signed by the homeschool educator, showing a list of courses completed and grades received. Homeschooled students are evaluated using the same criteria as students who attend high school.
- Must show a GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have an ACT composite standard score of 18 or above, or SAT composite score of 1270 or above.
Students with a GED in lieu of a high school diploma may be admitted provisionally if they meet the following criteria:
- GED standard score average of 45 (450) or above, with a writing score of 45 (450) or above.
- ACT composite standard score of 18 or above or SAT composite score of 1270 or above.
Admission is generally granted to transfer students who:
- Have completed 28 transferable college or university semester credits; and
Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0; and are in good academic standing at their previous institution.
- Students who have completed less than 28 transferable credits at another school may be evaluated using freshman criteria. Please note that vocational or technical credits will usually not transfer to NNU.
- Students with less than 28 transferable credits will need to submit an ACT composite score of 18 or above or SAT composite score of 1270 or above.
Those who do not meet this criteria may be accepted provisionally. For information on provisional admittance, please contact an admissions counselor.